first_imgJuventus are lining up a surprise bid for Chelsea flop Juan Cuadrado should their move for Schalke 04 star Julian Draxler fall through.The reigning Italian double winners have approached the Colombian’s representatives over a switch to Serie A this season while Juve wait on a deal for Draxler.As talkSPORT told you first on Wednesday, the Germany World Cup winner is the subject of a final offer from Massimiliano Allegri’s men but the Bundesliga outfit are determined to retain the playmaker’s services.Failure to land Draxler will see Juve step up their interest in winger Cuadrado – who came off the bench to make a rare appearance for the Blues during the 3-0 defeat at Manchester City last weekend.However, the 27-year-old, who spent most of last season on loan at Fiorentina, is surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge with the arrival of Barcelona star Pedro imminent.Cuadrado, who cost Jose Mourinho’s men £23.3m earlier this year, is likely to be available for a cut-price fee before the conclusion of the transfer window. Juan Cuadrado 1last_img read more

Posted in kbqjkvwa

first_img Heung-Min Son 1 Tottenham new boy Heung-Min Son has promised fans the best is yet to come after making his debut for the club.The South Korea international played 60 minutes at the weekend as Spurs defeated Sunderland 1-0, showing glimpses of the talent he has.But, after arriving at White Hart Lane for £22m from Bayer Leverkusen, the 23-year-old has assured supporters there is far more to come.“It was amazing for me to make my debut – it’s a dream for me to play in the Premier League,” Son told the Tottenham website.“I know I can play better, but this is only my first game. Now I want more. I just need a bit of time to settle in with the team.“I’m really happy we’ve got our first win. The players were very good, but we’re looking to play much better, which we’ll see over the next few weeks.”last_img read more

Posted in jeljoqyb

first_imgNewcastle’s shocking start to the new Premier League season proves that the widespread criticism of axed boss John Carver last year was unfair, claims former midfielder Lee Bowyer.New Magpies manager Steve McClaren has endured a torrid start in the St James’ Park hotseat, with his side currently tied at the bottom of the Premier League after their winless run continued with a 2-1 home defeat to top flight new boys Watford on Saturday.Stand-in boss Carver was slammed by fans and pundits alike as a Newcastle team severely lacking in confidence barely escaped the clutches of relegation last year.Toon chiefs duly allowed new man McClaren to strengthen the squad with just under £50m on new arrivals in the transfer window, but the summer signings have done little to raise to mood on Tyneside.“It just shows you that the criticism John Carver was getting last year was unjustified,” former Magpies star Bowyer told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.“You can only work with the squad you’ve got. Steve McClaren has bought in some of his own players and one or two of them look ok, but to bring in foreign players again when you already had loads there – it’s a tough league to hit running and not a lot of players get it.“It’s just a tough time for Newcastle at the moment, but I think Mclaren will get it right in the end.“Hopefully the crowd will stay behind them because they’ll play a big part of their success this season.“If the players work hard and graft, and you walk off the pitch having given 100 per cent, that’s all they ask for.“I was there when they played Arsenal – every player gave 100 per cent and they crowd applauded them off. They don’t mind so much if they lose, obviously they’d rather win, but it’s the effort they want from their players.“This weekend, that didn’t happen though.” 1 Former Newcastle manager John Carver last_img read more

Posted in fofabvlic

first_img1 Chelsea fans have expressed their support to Mourinho in the wake of the defeat to the Reds, with some questioning what good could really come from dismissing the former Real Madrid boss at this stage in the season. Chelsea suffered their sixth defeat of the season, losing 3-1 on home soil to Liverpool, as the pressure increases even further on manager Jose Mourinho.Despite signing a four-year contract in the summer, the Portuguese manager’s future in west London could be far from guaranteed, as the Blues continue to offer no signs they are close to returning to form in the Premier League. Chelsea fans, however, have expressed their support for Mourinho in the wake of the defeat to the Reds, with some questioning what good could really come from dismissing the former Real Madrid boss at this stage in the season.Have a read of the latest views of Blues supporters below.Could Chelsea’s season go from bad to worse if Mourinho is axed? Let talkSPORT know your thoughts by leaving a comment below.last_img read more

Posted in xyybvouo

first_imgArsenal manager Arsene Wenger is convinced his squad can quickly recover from their Champions League humiliation at Bayern Munich by beating Tottenham – but admits the growing injury crisis is a concern.The Gunners were thumped 5-1 at the Allianz Arena on Wednesday night to leave hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages slim.Although centre-half Laurent Koscielny is expected to be available for Sunday’s north London derby following a hip problem and goalkeeper David Ospina could also be in the squad after shoulder trouble, Wenger confirmed right-back Hector Bellerin would not be featuring until at least after the international break because of a groin injury.Captain Mikel Arteta faces a late fitness test on his ankle, but forward Theo Walcott, midfielders Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Tomas Rosicky and forward Danny Welbeck all continue their rehabilitation.“I am very concerned, honestly, because we are only in November and we have so many players out knowing we go into the Christmas period soon,” said Wenger. “At the moment we have too many players out.”Wenger, though, believes the side he will be able to select on Sunday can continue the form which has seen Arsenal move level on points with leaders Manchester City in the Premier League standings following five successive victories.“It was a disappointing result on Wednesday night, but before that we did extremely well in the Premier League so we will try to continue from one competition from the other,” Wenger said.“I believe that in the Premier League we have a strong confidence and focus and that is what we want to reproduce on Sunday against Tottenham. It is always a game where the commitment and nervous force will be important.” 1 Aaron Ramsey and Theo Walcott last_img read more

Posted in kirlkiav

first_imgHere’s the top transfer-related stories in Monday’s newspapers…Chelsea have made a £30m move for Shakhtar Donetsk attacking midfielder Alex Teixeira, who has scored 26 goals in 26 games this season. (Daily Star)Chelsea are also interested in signing AC Milan striker Carlos Bacca in a £30m deal. (Daily Express)Everton will make a £21million offer for Dynamo Kiev winger Andriy Yarmolenko once they have sold Steven Naismith to Norwich. (Daily Express)Liverpool have agreed a deal for Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato, claim reports in Italy. The Brazilian is believed to have snubbed mega-money offers from China to complete a switch to Anfield. (Daily Star)Newcastle made a club record bid for West Brom striker Saido Berahino in the summer and could be set to revive their interest in the 22-year-old, who is desperate to quit the Hawthorns this month. It is understood Newcastle’s offer was in the region of £18million and that bid remains on the table. (Daily Mail)Michael Appleton warned Newcastle that Kemar Roofe is not for sale after the Oxford striker inspired the biggest giantkilling of the FA Cup third round. The former West Brom striker scored twice for the League Two side to shock Premier League Swansea at a sold-out Kassam Stadium. Newcastle are leading the Premier League clubs chasing the signature of the 23-year-old. (Daily Mirror)Manchester City have been a dealt a blow after being told Isco is staying at Real Madrid at least until the summer. City were keen on a January deal for the Spain playmaker with a loan plus a permanent option in the summer. But Isco has held talks with Zinedine Zidane and the new Real Madrid boss has told him he wants him to stay. (Daily Mirror)Gareth Bale insisted he is happy at Real Madrid after scoring a hat-trick on Zinedine Zidane’s managerial debut at the Santiago Bernabéu – but admitted he was disappointed Rafael Benítez was sacked and that it is impossible to predict where his own future lies. (Guardian)Valon Behrami and Alessandro Diamanti are edging closer to the Vicarage Road exit door. Behrami is wanted by Serie A side Udinese after falling out of favour under Quique Flores. Diamanti, on a season-long loan from Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande, is also on his way with Italian club Livorno leading the race. (Daily Mirror)Tottenham flop Federico Fazio is closing in on a return to Sevilla. Argentina defender Fazio is in advanced talks over rejoining the Spanish club just 17 months after moving to Spurs. (Daily Mirror)And here’s the latest talkSPORT.com headlines…Premier League transfer news: Done deal as Bournemouth confirm signing of ex-Arsenal strikerManchester United transfer news: Mauricio Pochettino to take over at Old Trafford, Felipe Anderson bid and more rumoursLiverpool transfer rumours: La Liga title winner, £37.5m bid sanctioned and loan deal for German internationalManchester United news: Louis van Gaal on potential signings: ‘I don’t think that we shall do business in January’Liverpool transfer news: Mario Gotze tells Jurgen Klopp to get in touch, new defender news, plus more…Arsenal transfer news: Latest on Aubameyang, Wanyama and Debuchy rumourslast_img read more

Posted in ldobahmb

first_imgIt spawned a series revival and three blockbuster movies, but it’s hard to re-create the suspense and wonder of the classic “Mission: Impossible,” which aired on CBS from 1966 to 1973. To the iconic theme music composed by Lalo Schifrin, members of the clandestine Impossible Missions Force used their wits, cagey disguises and what were then high-tech gadgets to unseat Cold War dictators and dispatch Third World despots. Reruns of the adventure-espionage show now air in the Los Angeles market on KDOC-TV. After recently catching an episode from the show’s heyday, we wondered where the stars are now: Peter Graves, now 81, portrayed unflappable team leader Jim Phelps for most of the original series, as well as the “M:I” revival from 1988 to ’90. Starring with Landau was his real-life wife, Barbara Bain. Her portrayal of Cinnamon Carter, a frosty blonde with an exquisite wardrobe, won her consecutive Emmys for Best Actress for the three years she was on the show. Born in Chicago as Millicent Fogel, Bain was a dancer and model before a stint with the Actors Studio persuaded her to pursue acting. Since she and Landau left the show (they later divorced), she’s appeared sporadically on TV. Now 76, she’s filming “Darkness Visible,” which also stars daughter Juliet Landau. Greg Morris, as electronics expert Barney Collier, and Peter Lupus, who played strongman Willy Armitrage, were the only two actors on “M:I” all seven seasons. Morris starred in “Vega$” from 1978 to ’80, then was seriously hurt in an auto accident in 1981. He appeared in the “M:I” revival, and died of cancer in 1996 at age 62. Lupus – who won bodybuilding titles and posed nude in Playgirl in 1974 – now runs a nutrition company. At age 75, he’s also an advocate for physical fitness for individuals over 50. Although you never saw his face or read his name in the credits, Bob Johnson also was on every episode of “Mission: Impossible.” The voice actor gave the IMF its recorded briefings and advised, “This tape will self-destruct in 5 seconds.” He died in 1994. While these were the primary actors during the “M:I” run, a handful of others filled out the roster: Steven Hill played team leader Dan Briggs in the first season. He’s familiar to fans of the “Law & Order” franchise as District Attorney Adam Schiff. In replacing Landau, Nimoy played a magician known as The Great Paris. But he’ll always be known to viewers as Mr. Spock, signing recently to reprise the character for a “Star Trek” movie, set for release in December 2008. Lesley Ann Warren replaced Bain for just one season, playing femme fatale Dana Lambert. Her more recent appearances were as Susan’s mother, Sophie, on TV’s “Desperate Housewives.” Lee Merriwether, who launched an acting career after being crowned Miss America in 1954, portrayed Tracey, one of the actresses rotated into the cast after Bain’s departure. She continues to act in movies and TV, including a recurring role in “All My Children.” Lynda Day George portrayed Lisa Casey for most of the last two seasons. She was married to actor Christopher George, and gave up acting after his death in 1983. Today, she is remarried and living in the Los Angeles area. Barbara Anderson, who’d won an Emmy for her role as Eve Whitfield in “Ironside,” portrayed Mimi Davis while George was on maternity leave. She continued her acting career into the ’90s. Do you wonder about the fate of a favorite performer? E-mail us at dnmetro@dailynews.com, and we’ll try to answer your question in an upcoming edition.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre Born Peter Aurness – his brother is “Gunsmoke’s” James Arness – the oh-so-handsome Graves acted for nearly two decades in films and TV, including the Saturday morning kids’ show “Fury,” before his breakout role that won him a Golden Globe. He’s worked steadily since then in dozens of movies and TV series, and had a recurring role in “7th Heaven,” which just ended its final season. One of everyone’s favorite scenes in “M:I” was when Martin Landau, as master of disguise Rollin Hand, peeled off the rubber mask that had masqueraded his character as a villain. A graduate of the renowned Actors Studio, Landau appeared on Broadway and in films and TV anthologies. The year he started “M:I,” he’d been considered for the role of Mr. Spock on “Star Trek” – a part that went to Leonard Nimoy, who replaced Landau in “M:I” after he quit in 1969 over a salary dispute. Landau taught acting and had an occasional part until his Oscar-nominated role in “Tucker: The Man and His Dream” in 1988 revived his career. A string of movies followed, and he won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for “Ed Wood” in 1994. He’s worked steadily since, including recurring roles in “The Evidence” on ABC and “Entourage” on HBO. Now 76, he is working on four movies set for release in 2008. last_img read more

Posted in ucaajwge

first_img 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! VAN NUYS – Authorities today announced a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the gunman who killed a 15- year-old Van Nuys boy. Johnny Cano was shot to death shortly after noon on Jan. 6 near the southeast corner of Sherman Way and Van Nuys Boulevard in Van Nuys. Witnesses told police that the victim was walking near a bus stop when he was approached by a male in a gray hooded sweatshirt and white baggy shorts who pulled out a handgun and fired several shots for no apparent reason, striking Cano in the chest and head. The gunman ran to a nearby parking lot and got into a white car, which was driven by another male. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREPettersson scores another winner, Canucks beat KingsLos Angeles City Councilman Tony Cardenas and police Capt. James Miller of the LAPD’s Van Nuys Station will hold a news conference on the southeast corner of Sherman Way and Van Nuys Boulevard at 11 a.m. today to publicize the reward. Anyone with information about the slaying was asked to call Van Nuys homicide detectives at (818) 374-0040. On weekends and during off-hours the 24- hour toll free number is 1-877-LAWFULL (529-3855). For more news and observations about crime in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, check out the Daily News’ crime blog by clicking here.last_img read more

Posted in jeljoqyb

first_imgLiverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is plotting a move for Borussia Dortmund winger Jakub Blaszczykowski this summer, according to reports in Germany.The Poland international’s future at BVB is currently up in the air after he spent last season on loan at Fiorentina – despite having two years remaining on his current contract.Klopp knows Blaszczykowski well from his time at the Westfalenstadion and is keen on utilising his qualities at Liverpool next season.Having missed out on signing Mario Gotze, Klopp is eager to get another of his former players on board at Anfield and has identified Blaszczykowski as a primary target.According to Bild, Blaszczykowski will hold talks over his future with Dortmund manager Thomas Tuchel when he returns for pre-season and Liverpool are ready to be the first club to pounce should the 30-year-old decide to move on. 1 Jakub Blaszczykowski in action for Poland at Euro 2016 last_img read more

Posted in oohiwmwh

first_img Gonzalo Higuain in action for Napoli West Ham have been linked with an ambitious move for Arsenal target Gonzalo Higuain.The Napoli forward’s future is under intense scrutiny this summer following a superb season in front of goal, with the 28-year-old finding the net 38 times.The Argentine international reportedly has a release clause of around £79m but Napoli will listen to any offer that passes the £50m mark.Arsenal are being tipped to test the Serie A club’s resolve with a mega bid this summer but, according to Calcio Mercato, West Ham are also lining up a huge offer.The Hammers are desperate to sign a striker this summer and have already failed with bids for Callum Wilson, Michy Batshuayi and Alexandre Lacazette.Ahead of their move to the Olympic Stadium, manager Slaven Bilic is keen to land a marquee name this summer and has reportedly told owners David Gold and David O’Sullivan to stump up the cash for Higuain. 1last_img read more

Posted in ucaajwge