first_imgA year after Priority Ambulance was awarded the exclusive contract for emergency ambulance service in Loudon County, analysis of response times shows significant improvement, county officials said this week.“We’re very pleased with the results of the analysis,” Loudon County Mayor Buddy Bradshaw said.Response times have improved by 50 percent over the same time period by the previous provider, according to data prepared by Priority with the help of county public safety and health officials.The numbers indicate Priority’s ambulances are on the scene in fewer than five minutes approximately 18 percent to 23 percent of the time. Response times of more than 25 minutes have decreased to fewer than 1 percent of calls, a decrease of 50 percent from the previous provider, the data shows.The improvements are the result of careful analysis of staffing data, according to Dennis Rowe, Priority’s director of operations. Based on the data, Priority moved the Lenoir City and city of Loudon ambulance stations for better coverage of the county system, he said.“˜We kept tweaking the system using mapping, historical data and statistical analysis,” he said.Priority has also spearheaded the creation of a countywide emergency medical services council, with membership that includes the Fort Loudoun Medical Center chief administrative officer and emergency department director, local fire and police chiefs, the Loudon County sheriff, and select members of the Loudon County Commission.The council reviews emergency response data on a quarterly basis, Rowe said.Bradshaw said he has been keeping a close eye on the performance of the county ambulance service through regular review of response data and meetings with Priority management.Priority has also been active in the local schools, Bradshaw said. Free CPR training and the installation of automated external defibrillators have been implemented at high schools in the county. Priority’s nonemergency transport service has also been increasing, Rowe said.Bradshaw said although the county commission has been hesitant to make changes that would put Priority in the position of the exclusive provider of nonemergency transports in the county, the company’s reputation for quality service has been growing during the past year.“I expect they will continue to increase their share of the nonemergency transport,” he said.last_img read more

Posted in xyybvouo

first_img(READ the story in the Washington Post)AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to EmailEmailEmailShare to RedditRedditRedditShare to MoreAddThisMore AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to EmailEmailEmailShare to RedditRedditRedditShare to MoreAddThisMoreAs China’s Li Na tossed the ball while serving at match point in the French Open final, a cry from a fan in the stands pierced the silence at Court Philippe Chatrier.Distracted, Li stopped and let the ball drop. The words of support were in Mandarin: “Jia you!” — which loosely translates to “Let’s go!” After so many years of “Come on” and “Allez” and “Vamos,” there’s a new language on the tennis landscape.Li became the first Chinese player, man or woman, to win a Grand Slam singles title.last_img read more

Posted in awzhpora

first_imgUniversity Associate General Counsel Brent Benrud objected to the $5,000 penalty during last Tuesday’s hearing, arguing that the phone had already been examined and found not to contain relevant evidence.While Rotenberg conceded that erasing the phone’s memory had been a mistake, he disagreed with the claim that the University destroyed evidence.“We should have kept the phone,” he said. “But that is not the same thing as destroying relevant evidence.”Harris hired Brenny, 32, as associate women’s head golf coach in August 2010.In mid-September 2010, the University gave Brenny a new job description that essentially stripped her of coaching duties.Brenny met with then-athletics director Joel Maturi the next month. Maturi allegedly gave her two choices: to quit or comply with Harris’ demands. Brenny resigned in late October 2010 and sued the University’s Board of Regents and Harris three months later.The suit hasn’t gone in Brenny’s favor thus far.The Minnesota Court of Appeals ruled in May 2012 that Brenny couldn’t sue Harris because his actions fell within his duties as a University employee. Brenny did not appeal the decision.Last month a judge threw out Brenny’s claims of sexual harassment, gender discrimination and retaliation. Only the sexual orientation part of the suit remains intact.A civil trial is scheduled to begin April 29, but Mark said the suit could go on for a while.“I’m not optimistic it’s going to end anytime soon,” he said. U fights $5,000 penalty in Brenny caseFormer women’s golf coach Katie Brenny is seeking compensation for legal fees resulting from her 2011 discrimination lawsuit. Nate GotliebJanuary 22, 2013Jump to CommentsShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare via EmailPrintThe University of Minnesota argued in Hennepin County Court last Tuesday against paying $5,000 for mishandling text messages as part of a 2-year-old discrimination lawsuit filed by former women’s golf coach Katie Brenny.Brenny sued the University’s Board of Regents and former director of golf John Harris in January 2011, alleging that the University and Harris violated her rights as a member of a protected class under the state Human Rights Act. The lawsuit claims that Harris did not allow Brenny to perform the role of associate head coach and relegated her to administrative duties once he found out she was a lesbian.The text messages in question might have contained evidence in Brenny’s case against the University and Harris, according to Brenny’s lawyer, Donald Chance Mark Jr.“We wanted to look at what discussions Mr. Harris had had regarding Katie Brenny and particularly her sexual orientation,” Mark said.The University disagreed that the text messages were pertinent to the case.“We had already examined the cellphone and determined that there was no relevant evidence about this case on it,” University General Counsel Mark Rotenberg said.Mark had asked the University to preserve evidence for the case, including Harris’ text messages, in December 2010. He said the University didn’t originally object to his request.Mark said he later submitted two requests for documents, which included specific requests for Harris’ text messages.He said the University objected to his first request for the text messages and responded to his second request by saying it had produced all relevant evidence.Mark said the University didn’t tell him the data on Harris’ phone had been erased until September 2012.“It’s inappropriate to destroy evidence, particularly when you’ve been put on notice to preserve it,” Mark said.A specially appointed judge ruled last month that because the University had wiped data from Harris’ phone, it should pay Brenny’s $5,000 legal fees as a punishment.last_img read more

Posted in kunijngs

first_imgFile Photo: Kenya’s Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Noordin Haji addresses a press conference on August 28, 2018 at the Kenyan capital Nairobi (Photo by TONY KARUMBA/AFP via Getty Images)The state has recovered stolen assets worth $20m from corruption cases, says Kenya’s Public Prosecutor Noordin Haji.However that is only 1% of an estimated $2bn worth of public money involved in high profile corruption cases.In recent years high profile politicians and public servants have been arrested and prosecuted for corruption, including the capital’s,  Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko,  but none has been convicted yet.The Governor who was barred from office after his arrest in December 2019, has denied charges of conspiracy to commit corruption, conflict of interest, failure to comply with procurement laws, unlawful acquisition of public property and laundering.Corruption is a huge drag on the economy and investor confidence in East Africa’s business hub.FILE PHOTO: NAIROBI, KENYA – NOVEMBER 03: Demonstrators, including the Kenya Human Rights Commission, Transparency International in Kenya, and PAWA 254, protest the government not taking measures against corruption and the abuse of funds allocated for health, at Uhuru Freedom Park in Kenya’s capital Nairobi on November 03, 2016.(Photo by Bryan Jaybee/Anadolu Agency/Getty Images)Since taking office in 2013, Kenyatta has repeatedly pledged to tackle graft and over the past year the country’s top prosecutor has charged dozens of officials, including the then sitting finance minister Henry Rotich.Mr Haji spoke to the BBC’s Ferdinand Omondi in Nairobi about his hopes of securing a high-status conviction this year – a challenge put to them publicly by President Uhuru Kenyatta on Monday during a state speech he gave at his Mombasa residence, Kenya’s coastal region. Sign outside a Nairobi public administration office, Kenya. (Photo by: Godong/Universal Images Group via Getty Images) Related Stolen car recovered 22 years latercenter_img Nigeria stolen mace recovered, former senator arrested Angola recovers over $5bn in stolen assetslast_img read more

Posted in pzkvckff

first_imgLe chiffre : 1,86Tel est le nombre de buts qu’a encaissés en moyenne par match Jonathan Joubert sur toute sa carrière sur la scène européenne. Pour un total de 110 buts en 59 rencontres disputées pour l’instant donc. À noter aussi 12 «clean sheets». Sa première victoire européenne : «À part ça, je n’en ai aucun souvenir…»Le natif de Metz n’a pas dû attendre bien longtemps avant de goûter à son premier succès. Alors qu’on sait qu’à cette époque les victoires luxembourgeoises sur la scène européenne n’était pas légion, Joubert a remporté… son deuxième match. La rencontre retour face à Helsinki. «Je sais que c’était au Josy-Barthel mais à part ça, je n’en ai aucun souvenir», sourit-il. «C’est loin tout ça. D’ailleurs, si vous m’aviez posé la question de ma première victoire, j’aurais plutôt cherché la réponse après mon arrivée à Dudelange (NDLR : à l’hiver 2004).»Son meilleur souvenir : «Les dirigeants avaient les larmes aux yeux»«De bons souvenirs, il y a en a eu quelques-uns. Mais le meilleur, cela doit être ma première qualification. Au 1er tour de la Ligue des champions en 2005/2006 à Mostar. C’était historique», avance-t-il, avant d’en dire plus. «Nous avions perdu 0-1 la manche aller ici face aux Bosniens du Zrinjski Mostar. Et là-bas, on avait tenu le 0-0 jusque dans les arrêts de jeu où on avait réussi à marquer le 0-1. Avant de finalement s’imposer 0-4 après les prolongations. Même après la défaite de la première manche, connaissant Michel Leflochmoan, il nous avait motivés à fond. Je me souviens des dirigeants dudelangeois avec les larmes aux yeux à l’issue des débats. Et de la fête qui avait suivi aussi. On reprenait l’avion directement après le match mais jusqu’à l’arrivée à Luxembourg, elle avait battu son plein. Dans le vestiaire, le bus, l’avion…»Le match qu’il aimerait rejouer : «Contre Cluj. J’ai suivi le match en vidéo»«Le match aller des barrages de l’Europa League contre Cluj la saison dernière! Même si je sais qu’on l’a emporté 2-0 et que cela nous a bien mis sur la voie pour nous qualifier pour les poules», lance le gardien qui a fêté ses 40 ans le 12 septembre dernier. Un match où il s’était occasionné la blessure qui l’avait privé de toute la phase de poules historique qui avait suivi.«Sur une sortie, on s’était percuté au niveau du sol avec le joueur adverse. J’avais pris son genou dans le tibia, ce qui avait provoqué une fracture… La plus grosse blessure de ma carrière. J’ai directement senti que quelque chose n’allait pas, à l’arrière de la jambe au niveau de la cheville. Forcément, le premier sentiment, c’est de se demander ce qu’il va t’arriver… Je suis parti à l’hôpital où j’ai suivi la fin du match en vidéo sur mon téléphone. Si j’ai crié lors des deux buts ? Non, je souffrais de trop pour ça. Mais j’avais bien évidemment apprécié ces buts. Du moins jusqu’au moment où quelques minutes après la fin du match, on m’a annoncé le verdict pour mon tibia. Là, je me suis dit que c’était fini pour moi. Que la phase de poules, je ne la verrais pas… Après, à 38 ans, peut-être que certains auraient lâché et pensé à une fin de carrière. Pas moi! Avec une fracture, on te met des vis, une plaque, et tu peux repartir. On m’avait dit que j’en avais entre trois et cinq mois et c’est ce qu’il s’est passé.»La plus belle ambiance : «Les supporters adverses ont commencé à nous applaudir…» «La plus belle ambiance européenne que j’ai connue à l’extérieur, cela doit aussi être à Mostar. Il n’y avait qu’une tribune, mais elle était blindée. Une ambiance hostile qui poussait notre adversaire. Mais en même temps, quand on a mené 0-2 puis 0-3, les gens ont commencé à nous applaudir…» Jonathan Joubert garde un autre souvenir en tête. «Mais là, c’était à domicile, au Jos-Nosbaum. Lors du tour qui avait suivi Mostar, on avait affronté le Rapid Vienne et leurs supporters avaient fait le déplacement pour remplir notre stade. Même si c’étaient des supporters adverses, on en a bien profité. Il faut savoir apprécier ces moments-là, ils sont tellement rares…»Recueilli par Julien Carette Jonathan Joubert passera la 60e ce jeudi contre Séville ! Sa 60e rencontre disputée sur la scène européenne. Cela valait la peine de ressasser certains souvenirs avec un gardien qui vient de fêter ses 40 ans.Son premier match européen : «Tina Turner était en concert…»Son premier rendez-vous européen, le gardien dudelangeois l’a disputé à Helsinki, face au HJK, le 10 août 2000. Sous le maillot de Grevenmacher. «Je me souviens du fait qu’on n’avait pas joué dans le grand stade mais sur un terrain annexe parce que Tina Turner était en concert là-bas», sourit Jonathan Joubert. «Mais pour le reste, même si c’était ma première européenne, je ne me souviens plus de rien.»À l’époque, il disputait sa deuxième saison au Luxembourg, après s’être engagé au CSG. «J’avais 20 ans et j’étais troisième gardien au FC Metz. J’attendais d’avoir un débouché dans un club de Ligue 2. Enfin, on devait encore dire D2 à l’époque… J’ai attendu, attendu… Et à un moment donné, j’ai dû faire un choix. Grevenmacher m’a contacté en fin de mercato luxembourgeois et j’ai dit oui… Sincèrement, au début, je suis venu ici par défaut. Comme tous ceux qui débarquent au Luxembourg, j’espérais repartir vite. Mais quand on arrive ici, on repart difficilement. En tout cas, c’était comme ça avant. Car je constate que les choses évoluent avec l’augmentation du niveau de jeu. J’ai, moi-même, eu des possibilités bien plus tard, mais j’ai fait le choix de rester.»center_img Partagerlast_img read more

Posted in oohiwmwh

first_img TOP COACH St Catherine Primary School’s ‘A’ and ‘B’ teams were too good for the rest at the 19th Scholastic Team Chess Tournament at the University of Technology (UTech) auditorium last Sunday. The school captured the top two places in the Open Primary/Prep schools category. The Mikhail Solomon-coached team also won the girls’ primary/prep section. Solomon also led St Jago High to first place in the junior high category while Hillel Academy ‘A’ took the Under-8 title. St Catherine ‘A’ won five of six matches and drew one to finish with 11 points, one more than the ‘B’ team, with five wins and one loss, the same as third-place Sts Peters and Paul Preparatory. Hillel ‘A’ were fourth with nine points and Hillel ‘B’ fifth with eight points. Winning coach Solomon hailed his teams’ impressive performances throughout the tournament. “It was an excellent competitions and we had competitors in all section. Our ‘A’ (team) came first and the ‘B’ (team) came second. The girls won the female section and St Jago the junior high, so we couldn’t ask for more,” he said. He added that “the sky is the limit as they (kids) are working harder to continue their improvement. But to win the junior high and the Open in the same year is remarkable, and then (to win) the female section is the icing on top of the cake.” St Catherine topped the female primary/prep section with 10 points ahead of Immaculate on eight points. St Jago scored nine points to win the junior high (first to third form) title, ahead of St Catherine high with eight points. Hillel were under-eight champions with a perfect five wins and ten points from five games. Solomon was top coach for the open and female primary/prep section and junior high category, while Hillel’s Geoffrey Byfield was the top under-eight coach. There were also board prizes for St Catherine’s Romaine Walters and Nathaniel Hope and Mona Prep’s Marvonni Myers in the open primary/prep section. In the girls’ section, Andean Watson and Talishe Tennant of St Catherine and Gabrielle Watson of Immaculate were the board prize winners. For the junior high schools, the board prizes went to St Jago’s Tajae Morgan and Adani Clarke and St Catherine’s Shaheem Richards, while for the under-eights, Liguanea’s Newton Hall, Harrison Prep’s Joshua Powell, and Hillel’s Cameron Brown were the board prize winners.last_img read more

Posted in ahvgdsim